Today let us talk about Amazon’s Alexa, one of the most used virtual assistants, and understands how to use Alexa as a Bluetooth device. Over the years virtual assistants have been gaining widespread popularity. The first one was introduced by Apple in the form of Siri. Since then many more were introduced and it became trendy and fashionable to have a virtual assistant at your home. Google home is another virtual assistant which has become popular in recent times. Even Amazon’s Alexa has been doing rounds and is a popular name in the tech world. First of all, let’s understand a bit about this amazing new-gen device.
Alexa is basically the name of the virtual assistant which was coined by amazon. It uses high-tech artificial intelligence technology which has been on the rise in recent years. It was developed in the year 2014 and released in the same year at the Amazon headquarters in the United States of America. It basically works on voice commands and throughout the years has developed intelligence of speaking in different languages including a few indigenous languages.
Amazon Alexa can be accessed through a series of amazon speakers called as the echo. All of them work based on voice commands which could be given in the language which is set by you. A number of languages are available through which you can use to communicate with Alexa . Languages available are English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, and Hindi.
How to use Alexa as a Bluetooth device?
To use your Alexa , first of all you should have an Amazon echo device. Amazon echo comes in different gen devices and varies according to the gen you’re interested to buy. The higher gen used, higher is the cost of the Amazon echo device.
Connecting your Amazon echo to the Bluetooth is a convenient way of operating your Amazon echo . If you use Bluetooth then you need not give voice commands and can give commands to Alexa through your handset from a distance.
How to link your android device to Amazon echo through Bluetooth?
Linking your android handset to your Amazon echo may differ from handset to handset and is not really a difficult task. However here is step by step guide on how to link your android phone to Amazon echo via Bluetooth:
- Go to the settings app in your android mobile or you can also access it from the quick access slide down notification drawer on your home screen.
- Click on connections option in the settings. You will find many options like Wi-Fi, mobile hotspot, Bluetooth.
- Click on the Bluetooth option.
- Alert your Amazon device by saying “Alexa pair”
- In the Bluetooth devices available you will be able to see Amazon echo available for pairing.
- Click on Amazon echo and click pair and you are good to go!
- You can play songs of your choice on your Amazon echo by pairing it with your android phone and operate it from a distance without voice commands!
The same method can be used for pairing your iOS powered phone to your Amazon echo. All you got to do is find the setting app on your iPhone and pair it with your Amazon echo device.